Monday, January 4, 2010

In _ We Trust...

I really need to blog about this. So there appears to be this reoccurring theme that's I've been receiving lately. I'm starting to think it's a message God is really trying to get across to me.

So I wasn't really in the mood to read my bible today but wanted some sort of God interaction, I decided to go check out the Frontline Silver Spring's site to see the sermons I've missed (which is a lot btw) lol. Anyways I chose to listen to the latest by Nate Keeler titled "In ____ We Trust."

Word. Everything he talked about hit straight home. The topic was centered around the question "Is God the very center of your life?" I would like to think so. But analyzing the question even further made me to realize that the answer is NO. At times I commit some aspects to him and often try to take control of the other. The thought of giving over EVERYTHING to God cause me anxiety. The thought of giving over my love life to Him causes me the most anxiety. Ironically, I was just given a book by my friend Fana titled "When God writes your love story" by Eric & Leslie Ludy. (Truth be told I've had the book for a while, just hadn't bothered to open it till I got in the plane heading to London last week) The book is quite fascinating and embodies everything I've been either hearing or reading.

The truth is I would like to think I know who I want in a partner but honestly speaking I've fallen for the same types, the attractive, smart, tall, charismatic types. Who often find it intriguing to be with an cute, smart, and ambitious girl with high morals. But here I am still single. Now what's the problem? I'm in charge and obviously choosing the wrong guy!! What needs to happen is for me to let go of all inhibitions and just tell God. Look YOU CHOOSE. And trust he won't let me down.

I think I'm starting to listen. This is obviously a message He's trying to get across to me and it took over 3 attempts for me to finally get it. But I GET IT. I'm learning to officially trust God with the pen of my life. :D

Psalm 37:4-6
Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the Lord trust in him and he will do this. He will make your righteousness shine like the dawn, the justice of your cause like the noonday sun.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So encouraging to read this post! Really glad Nate's message impacted you and praying that the Lord would continue to give you grace and contentment. I had similar struggles as you when I was single and one day (studying Scripture) God showed me that I had my own criteria for what I wanted in a mate and I hadn't yet submitted that to His biblical criteria. God really opened eyes that day. Hope to see you soon!

Tayo said...

Thanks Mike! Happy New Year. Hope all is well.
p.s. I'm curious to know how you found my blog. lol.

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2011 Princess Temitayo.